Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Road Trip!

I am excited this morning. I just woke up in La Grange, Kentucky. My parents and I are taking a trip to Ohio, to visit my Great-Aunt. After a long driving day yesterday, and trying to get back to a night-day sleeping routine, I feel good.

Traveling with dad has been interesting. He considers vacation as stopping and seeing the sights as we go. Me and mom consider vacationing as getting to where you are going as quickly as possible, and then sightseeing. So we stopped… at Graceland in Memphis.

Now I have never been an Elvis fan. He was before my time, and I have always been more interested in further out history, rather than current history. But to put it in Dads’ words, “This is our era.” The tour of the mansion was done very well, though I never would have paid the $32 entrance fee. Dad would though.

I was impressed though, with the tour and with what I saw of Elvis. I can understand how he was so popular. So anyway, here are a couple of pictures.

Mom and Dad starting the trip.

Me in Elvis' living room.

Elvis' living room.

His plane.

And his gravesite.


Got to go for now, will update later.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

TCB!!! I love Elvis! I too have visited Graceland. I was happy as a lark.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jimmy!
I think it's high time you update your blog. I also wanted you to know that we missed you at Hope Group tonight. Hope things are going well in Arkansas...we'll see you when you get back!!!

Jimmy B said...

You are so right Heather :) Good to know someone keeps up, and is willing to let me know what's what.

Hopefully I will get back before too long. I am anxious to get back home. 15 days and counting is a bit much.

Talk to you later.

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

Wow, you have been gone a long time.
I hope you have had a good trip and I bet you will be glad to be home!!