Thursday, February 21, 2008

Thoughts

I am up late at my office… waiting.


Lots of computers, but nothing to watch at the moment. Something broke down on the rig, so we have some down time. We are still on call, but we really do not have any idea on how long this could take. We will see.

Current thoughts… time, money, the Bible.

Time: So much and so little at the same time. There are so many ideas running through my head. So many things I want to do, to read, to study. And yet, I find myself watching TV, sleeping, daydreaming. What is that all about?

Money: I just saw a documentary on the top 1% of American families financially, and the inequality found in our country. It is kind of frustrating that despite the fact of the inequality found in America, America is the richest country in the world, and compared to the rest of the world, there is even more inequality. Incredible inequality. Even minimum wage is far more and easier to make per hour, than MANY places in the world making less than that per DAY!

The Bible: If the Bible truly is our guidebook as Christians, why is it so hard to put into everyday practice? Why is it so hard for me to put into practice? I know what it says, and I know what God has told me to do, but why is it so easy to get distracted and frustrated?

If you cannot tell there is a little bit of frustration coming through. But that is OK. It helps to get all this out of my head.

On another note: Here is what I saw in Clinton yesterday.


A tornado hit here last week. We are working about 20 miles south of Clinton. A sober reminder to pray for safety, regardless of where one lives or works. God is still very good. Much more than I will ever deserve.



1 comment:

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

Time: Something God has shown me is that there is time enough in each day to do what HE has planned for me. When I start my day with Him and ask Him what He wants for me, He will show me and He will convict me when I am disobeying.

Money: I can't help you with the money thing...not my area of expertise. As long as I can pay my bills and eat, I am content.

Bible: Ask God to give you a passion for His Word and help you apply to your life. His Word is active and living. Ask Him to give you real life examples of things you are going through...ok, I could ramble on forever, but I will stop now.

Except, get rid of the frustration, that is exactly where satan wants you. Again, ask God to make it clear.

He will.