Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Blessed Beyond Measure

It's a girl! Yes, my brother just had his first child. Chloe Beth entered this world yesterday at 4:44 PM. I unfortunately was at the time in Arkansas. But I was extremely blessed to be able to see her today. She is beautiful.

Chloe was unexpectedly early, but just as my mom called to tell me the news, my coordinator called and asked me to take some equipment to the shop in Houston, 15 minutes from the hospital! Absolutely incredible. I get paid to come and see my newest niece!

And adding blessing to blessing, as I drove through a rainstorm to pick up the equipment from a rig in Oklahoma, it didn't rain for the 15 minutes we were breaking it down out in the cold night. Then, 10 minutes down the road it starts to pour again. Something so simple, but a blessing nonetheless.

It just amazes me how good God is. I really do not understand it. I don't deserve it. In fact, deserve the opposite. But His grace really is amazing.

Here is something I have gained through this. And really something that I have been struggling with for a little while. I really can trust God with everything. Something I know in my head, but have yet to put it fully into practice. I can take Him at His word when he says "Take my yoke upon you, for my yoke is easy and my burden is light." "Those who love me keep my commandments." "All things work together for good to those who love God and and are called according to His purpose."

Something just clicked as I got back on the road, in the rain. I should have gotten it by now as I have seen over and over and over in my life how good He is. But seeing something so huge as a perfectly working out this road trip, contrasted with something small as a window of no rain, got my attention. I can trust Him with not just my finances, or my weekends, or my friends, but with everything. From something as small as my diet, to an issue as important as my future spouse. He is so good to me.

7 comments:

Carpio Family said...

Yes, such a blessing. Congrats on your niece, she beautiful. I'm so glad God provided a way for you to see her, - Psalm 37:4
Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.
-Kaylene

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

God is so good.

It is hard to wrap our brains around the fact that He is so HUGE and created the Heavens and the earth, yet He is so involved in every detail of our lives...keeping us dry in the rain!!

Congrats on the neice!!

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

ugh...niece. I before E except after C...I know better!!!

Jimmy B said...

Thank you Kaylene and Katherine,

(Yes I want to write neice as well. I don't know why :)

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

Probably for the same reason that you want to spell my name wrong...KATHRYN!!!!

Ha!!

Jimmy B said...

Kathryn, I apologize. I noticed that after I published the comment, and was wondering if you would notice. :)And I have absolutely no excuse since it is right there in front of me!

Jessica said...

Congrats, friend. I so enjoy hearing what God's teaching you.