Thursday, January 31, 2008

Yard Work

I cannot believe it has been almost a week since I last posted. My time schedule is all messed up. I finally got word that I will be going back to work this weekend. It looks like Sunday or Monday at the moment. I almost feel bad about not having to work so much, while everyone else has to either work or go to school. Almost, but not really. I really have enjoyed my 4 weeks off!

Gorgeous weather today! A little too windy for my taste, but with the sun out totally bearable. So I got outside yesterday and today and got a little work done. Broke out the chainsaw and did a some man work. I don't know what it is about cutting down and up a tree that is so much fun. But it is. Here are some pictures from the afternoon...

Here is the section of my yard I am cleaning out.



The tree I am about to cut down...


The downed tree. Conveniently felled onto my brush pile.

Me, posing with my downed tree.


The section I am clearing after most of the work is done. Still have some work left.


And there is Gravy. Trying to stay interested. Mostly mocking the fenced dogs next door, that he gets to be out and they do not.

Yes, Gravy is my dog's name, no I did not name him that.

He is a strange dog at times, but he is a good dog.

1 comment:

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

That definately is man work...I would probably take out half of Bryan/College Station if I tried to use a chainsaw. A table saw I can use, it does not move, a chain saw, no, I would either drop it or be all over the place.

Good job!!