Friday, January 4, 2008

Exercise :(

So here is another suggestions needed post. Thank you so much for the suggestions for long road trips. I will definitely be taking advantage of those.

And here is the situation. I work 12 hour shifts from 6 at night until 6 in the morning. I have been pretty good with switching my sleep schedule. But most of the time during my shift, I am sedentary. Sitting, watching my computer screens to make sure my tool down hole is working fine. Not intently, but at least every few minutes. (Which allows me to do blog)

I usually go to sleep pretty quickly after my shift, and wake up about 11:00, and go back to sleep about 2:00. So I usually have 3-4 hours in the middle of the day to do something.

Some of the limitations that I have is that I cannot do too much in the trailer I am working because the other shift is sleeping while I am working, or if during the day, my co-worker is sleeping.

We also move around a lot across the state of Arkansas, so joining a gym is at times unpractical. I guess I could go and get a day pass. I really do not know too much about gyms.

Now that I am thinking about it, I am only about 20 – 30 minutes from a state park that my family visited a few years ago. I believe there are some hiking or trails over there. Now I could go just after work, and then come back and sleep. There’s an idea.

So if you all have any suggestions on avoiding complete loss of all physical attributes gained from the last year of hard manual labor, it would be much appreciated.

3 comments:

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

I am big on running, so if you could get over to that park, that would be great.

In your trailor you could probably do sit ups or push ups.

Maybe you could bring some hand weights.

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

Oh, I forgot, most gyms will only give you a pass if you have a local drivers license, fill out a lot of paperwork and have the intention of joining...hassle.

Most important while you are sedentary...eat right, that is the fastet way to undo all you have done is to eat poorly!!!

Carpio Family said...

I agree with kathryn, on the eating right and the hiking/running. Also on the hand weight, I've seen some at traget that you can adjust when you need more resistance, they looked so cool, they'd probably be awesome for traveling fitness.
-Kaylene