Friday, January 25, 2008

Jimmy through the years…

I was cleaning my third and final room today and here is what I found… my old baby blanket. Awhile back, mom had made a decoration out of it, tacking it up to the wall with some pictures through the years on it. So I decided to go ahead and post it.


And here are some of those pictures...

I still have the stuffed dog.

Me and my little sister.

Halloween GI Joe!

Me and little brother Ben getting wood.



Studying at the Grandparents in California.


Yes, Jr. High was an awkward time.



Romanian mission trip.


Sr. Picture I believe.


And finally me sporting my High School Letter jacket that I came across.

Running across all these old pictures, knick knacks, and all the other crazy stuff I have saved, really gets me to thinking. I often think of that phrase if you knew then what you know now, would you do anything different? My answer to that is an emphatic yes! I missed so much just by being naive, oblivious, lazy, or scared.

But I have had a great life so far, and God continues to bless me in so many ways. I am nothing but excited about the rest of it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, if you have now what you had then, I recommend you start wearing those jr high glasses again. Seriously. That picture rules.

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

I love old memories and looking back. We do wish we could do things differently, but it is comforting to know that God uses our mess ups!!

Oh and Wal Mark has plastic boxes with lids on sale for $3.00!!

Anonymous said...

hey jim ! your dad here. your mom is showing me how to respond to your blog. nice day today huh? to bad you had to go back to work today. went out to the property today, just to look around.