Thursday, January 17, 2008

Spring Cleaning

I have been lazy in updating my blog, and I apologize. The last couple of weeks have been… for lack of a better word… lazy.

I did do a couple of things, but that did not balance out the nothing I did on my stuff I should have been doing.

So I started yesterday, and I am quite pleased with myself. I still realize that I am one of the slowest, most inefficient people in the world, and that is a humbling fact.

I started cleaning out one of my two junk rooms. Yes, most people have junk drawers, but I have junk rooms.

Here is a brief list of what I found…

My old diaries…


I have been keeping it since September 13, 1989, when I was 11 years old. That is crazy! Almost 20 years have passed, and I have record of it. I am a little proud of that though. It might be a little embarrassing to some that I have kept a diary, but I am not the least bit embarrassed.

I have not kept up with it like I should have the last several years. Usually just an entry every 4-6 months, but I am going to change that with a commitment to do an entry every day for 30 days, so that I get back into the habit.

I also found, my sports equipment for soccer, tennis, golf, (still need some golf clubs though) baseball. I have nearly countless notebooks of notes, to do lists, and goals for the future. It is really funny to me to realize that I have been doing the same things over and over the past few years. I have my old school books, notes, and papers.

In short, I am a pack rat. I am a history major, so I can blame it on that. I don’t want to lose any of this history!

For some strange reason, I really enjoy going through all this old stuff, reminiscing time gone by.

The goal as it stands is to get everything out of my two junk rooms, consolidated into plastic boxes with lids, get all my tools and supplies together for the back porch, so that I have the room and organization to start working on my fixer-upper house.

It’s a good start. I will keep you all updated.

2 comments:

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

Organization...it is one of my favorite words, along with plastic boxes with lids!!!

I love to look at clean closets and cabinets with everything lined up.

OCD...got to love it!!!

Jimmy B said...

At least some people in the world do have it :) Unfortunately I do not. That is why it is taking so long. But I do love the plastic boxes with lids!