Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Full Days Off - A Brief Update

I got off Friday, two weeks ago, and have been quite busy. Mostly I have been hanging with great friends and family. I am scheduled to go back to work this Sunday.

Last week I got to meet probably 20 to 30 people in church I did not know through a variety of activities. It was great! I am not the most outgoing person, but I am slowly learning how to talk to people. This is a good thing.

This week I am involved in Bible Camp here in Bryan. It has been very good. There are six of us in our group, and have been having a good time. It is certainly challenging working with "inner-city" kids. (They actually only live like 10 blocks from me. I live very close to the inner-city.) I have been pretty nervous actually, but once it gets going, I am so blessed to be able to know these kids. I will give a more complete update once we finish. For now, I value your prayer. For each of our team, and for all of the kids. We all need Jesus so much.

3 comments:

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

These kids are great!!

Fellowship is sweet.

Jesus knew that we would need it.

It has been fun hanging out.

Dodgeball tonight!!!

Anonymous said...

Jimmy,

It is NOW MARCH 30th almost the 31st and you STILL HAVEN'T updated. NOT COOL! Heather and I would like to know what is going on in your life! Hopefully we will see you on Wednesday. Ciao and LEAVE US AN UPDATE!!!

Sarah & Heather

Jimmy B said...

Yes, I apologize. I said I would update and have not. I will get it out today or tomorrow.

Thanks so much for the reminder. :)