Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Another Update

It has been awhile since my last update. I have been slacking.

Here is a picture of our spring break Bible Camp group.



And another of me discussing things with Landon.



The week went very well. Three of the kids accepted Jesus. And I think they understood. It was quite fascinating to me to be talking to these kids, and to hear some of the misconceptions they have. They are smart kids, they know what is going on, and know a lot of things, but they can also get so many things mixed up. It was so good to see towards the end of the week, the light come on. That a few of them really started to understand who Jesus was, and what He did for us. That was so cool.

So I pray that God would continue to work in these kids lives, and use the time we had with them, in spite of our inadequacies. I know I was not ready like I should have been.

And quite honestly I have been fighting with God since that week. I did not put the energy, time, or prayer into that week like I should have. I knew it, and still did not do it. And I have been struggling with the same stuff the last couple of weeks at work.

God has called Christians and me in particular to live all out for Him. He specifically said to love Him with all we have, heart, soul, mind, and strength. And to love our neighbors as ourselves. I have such a hard time with that. I am so selfish. I want to sleep. I want to eat sweets. I want to NOT exercise. I want to avoid uncomfortable situations.

But He has called me to a higher standard. The highest standard, Jesus. And I must quit comparing myself to others, and live up to the standard He has set for me. I got a reminder of that this week. A gentle reminder once again. He is too good to me.

I was able to have a couple of days off this week, so I made a quick trip to Bryan, then to Coolidge and Corsicana to visit family. God has blessed me with a tremendous family. I head back to Arkansas Thursday and get off Saturday.

Well, that is all for now. More later. I am sure.

No comments: