Saturday, June 14, 2008

Finishing Strong

Another one down! I paid off another credit card today. What a great feeling! That leaves two. And I cannot wait until I get those paid. I am putting a firm date of August 1, as to when I will be out of credit card debt. All of this is due to God. And I cannot thank Him enough.

To be honest, I have been lax the last several months. I have gotten fat and lazy. I am on track to get out of debt, so I have just been sitting back letting it happen, instead of being proactive, and staying strong. I have noticed particularly my weight (thus the diets on and off), being out of shape, and spending more than I should on little things.

God has been gently reminding me to finish strong. This is an exciting new period quickly approaching, and I must be ready for it. I have a very strong natural tendency to just sit back and let life happen, but I cannot let that happen. Too much is at stake. So please be praying with me about this next period of time. There are so many options, it is a little overwhelming. Kind of like coming out of prison. The debtor truly is servant to the lender. It is an exciting, and still a little scary time. I am looking forward to it.

To finish strong I need to:

  1. Stay in the Bible every day.
  2. At least look at my expenses/budget everyday, record, balance checkbook, etc.
  3. Get in shape – exercise somehow every day and lose 12-17 lbs to be 175-180.

Thank you all for this kind of accountability. It does help.

2 comments:

The Houstons said...

not sure if you remember me...you helped pregnant lil me move ...lol...now we, Jon me and Noah are settling down in Germany...

Be encouraged brother, I struggle just as you do with following through, being in the word, exercising...etc...I find that once I really start doing well, satan pushes that much harder...so I have come to rejoice when I feel that I am struggling to stay on course because I know satan knows I am succeeding and he is throwing anything in my way to impede my progress...but God is soooo very good...He restores and provides all the strength we need!
Be encouraged brother!:)
HUGS from way over here in Germany!

Jimmy B said...

Yes, of course I remember. I don't believe I got the opportunity to meet Jon though. It is good to hear from you. Do take care.

Jimmy