Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Years!

Nothing like New Years. I was fortunate enough to get the Christmas holidays off, but I got called back to Arkansas this week. So I have plenty of time to contemplate the new year from my slow, night job.

And contemplate I do... I cannot think where I have my resolutions from last year, so I cannot see if I completed any of them or not. I should find those. I think I do have my diary from the past year. I will check that right quick...I do have it, but there is not a whole lot there. I guess I could go back and check my blog... Nope not anything there. It looks like I was in a similar position. Still have the house to fix, but now have the money to do it. Still have to exercise somehow and get into shape.

So enough of what I should have done this last year to current plans for this year...

I made a list up the other night of 13 thing that would be ideal to complete this year. Included in that list: (it is not inclusive)

Bible studies on various topics – to be essayed and reviewed by friends/mentors.
Exercise and diet – goal is to be in shape and 180 lbs.
Get teaching certification this year if possible.
Be able to be home to be involved in leading Bryan youth group.
Finish renovating my house by May.
Finish my “barn house” by mid-Feb if possible.
Take a mission trip overseas or out of country.
Pay off my house.
Renovate the 18 acres my family owns, by building fence, clearing, etc.
Buy a portable sawmill.
Start restoring my 1953 Jeep Willys truck.

That is an extensive list, especially for me. This time of year has me contemplating goals and accomplishments, and I often bounce back and forth from frustration to optimism. From knowing that I can do these things to doubting my ability to do anything. Such is my life. But I know the blessing on my life, and look forward to this coming year. As always, optimism wins out.

This will be a good year. Once again.

No comments: