Friday, January 16, 2009

Some of what I do on my days off...

So here is a brief description of what I have been doing on my days off. Some of these are from over the Christmas break. I finally downloaded the pictures off my phone.


This is Christmas day, a typical holiday for the Burton's. I am helping dad install his Christmas gift for mom, none other than a new window. It got dark before we finished. I will have to get back up there and get a picture of the finished project.

There's dad in the house.

I went out several times to cut mesquite out at the property. I love the rich, dark brown of mesquite, and have grandiose plans of installing it as a hardwood floor. In the meantime, the smaller stuff gets cut up for summertime grilling. It should be good grilling summer!

Cutting mesquite requires good equipment, so I was forced to buy a Stihl chainsaw. :)

And here is some of the milled mesquite planks. And since these are only rough cut, I was forced to buy a good planer as well. Darn all these new power toys, er tools.

And finally what I have been working on today. It was colder outside, so I stayed in and worked on my new addition to the house. Planning for it that is. One of the drawbacks of living in the city, you have to go and get permits for everything you do. So I am putting together what all needs to be done to build an addition to the house, and then start the renovation of the house. That is the big project for the spring, besides working on my teaching certification.

All in all it has been a very good week.

No comments: