Sunday, January 11, 2009

So Far So Good

So far so good. I have given up sugar for at least the next 6 months, possibly a year, in order to lose a little weight and get back in shape. I really wasn't sure if I would do it. But I started the day after my family's Christmas (Dec. 28), and come to find out I do not HAVE to have sugar. I know that I can do it for an extended time, because I did give up sugar for a year, some time ago.

As for getting in shape, the two games of football yesterday and today are a great reminder of just how out of shape I am. My legs are complaining quite a bit tonight.

I am back in Bryan, and enjoying it. This week I need to get my paperwork in for BISD substituting, TAMU teaching certification program, and for permits to build my barnhouse out back. If I can just do that, it will be a successful week. Other than that, I just plan on breaking out the chainsaw and cutting some wood.

I have it in my head to get a planer and plane down some mesquite that I have cut. I know that I want to install mesquite hardwood floors in my barnhouse. So maybe I will start that project tomorrow. Sounds like fun to me.

No comments: