Tuesday, February 24, 2009

And Back Again...

So an update on the "addition." I have gone full circle with the addition. First I did not want to live in the house while leveling it, so I thought I would build another dwelling here on the back of my property.

Well, the city didn't like that idea, so I had to get a little creative and attach it to the house somehow.

Taking a look at the finances, both Bill's, (older, wiser men than myself) thought I overestimated my cost for the addition I was hoping to build, and offered words of caution.

So I cautioned into planning just one room on to the house.

Then as I thought about it more, and having less money to work with than I thought I did, having not been to work in almost two months, I decided against the addition altogether. There were several factors, not just the money. Time is also a factor, and the fact that the small addition really would not add that much value to the house, aesthetically, or monetarily.

So I put in the application for the leveling permit yesterday, and received it today. So now the real work begins. And I get to live right in the midst of it for at least the third time in my life. Let's hope this project goes quicker than the first two.

So for anyone wanting to get some house leveling experience, just drop me a line. Nail guns will be used, jacks, and lots of climbing under the house. This will be fun. Then once the house is (semi) level, indoor sheet rock, some plumbing, and exterior siding will be the focus. Come join the fun!

I plan on working all this week on it and will greatly appreciate any help.

No comments: