Sunday, February 1, 2009

So this is what I have been doing for the last couple of days. I did work on my taxes in the morning, but was encouraged by Josh's end table project to pursue my own woodworking project. This is a cedar out at Barney's that I have been working on milling. I still haven't finished it yet, but it is coming along.

This is Josh's table, made from mesquite. It has turned out very good. The picture does not do it justice.

And this is my small project I was working on while being a sounding board for Josh. It is not from the cedar tree I have been milling, but it was from a scrap piece of cedar I recycled. It was the lid to an old cedar chests toy box. It has turned out very well. I was very pleased. I am making two of them. There were a few details I did not think through while building the first. But this is not half bad for my first wood working project. Not half bad at all.

Many, many thanks to Barney, his expertise, patience, and tools.

No comments: