Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Phase One... Done!

Thanks to Justin, I was able to complete Phase One. Phase One was getting my dilapidated shed turned into a storage unit.

Just to show you how optimistic I am, I was started the day expecting to start on the shed by myself at 1:00, and finish it by 5:30, after packing up all my stuff inside the house.

Thank goodness, Justin showed up early, and we just focused on the shed all day. I know without a doubt it would have taken me three days to do what we did in one.

So now, I have a place to take all my boxes of stuff, my tools, and furniture. That is on the docket for tomorrow, along with starting on my house. There are several places I can start, and am unsure just where the best place would be.

So here are a few pictures showing progress...

Here we have raised the walls and roof, put in the 4X4's, and set them down on blocks. The original builder of the shed had the walls on the ground, with a flooring base of pallets and thin wafer board stuff. Great place for mice and roaches. (I fogged it a couple of days ago.)


Here we have the floor joists in, and half the plywood.

The finished floor.

And I couldn't stop smiling. It is so nice when you see something in your head and it actually comes together.

No comments: