Monday, December 17, 2007

Happy Birthday!

11:58 AM and I am 30 years old. It has felt strange for the last couple of weeks, but it is not sounding so bad right now. Don’t feel any different. Here are a few thoughts…


Where I thought I would be…

Married at 18,

And therefore 4 kids, oldest probably 10.

Financially independent if not a millionaire.

Career in the computer industry.

Nice big house with big library in the country.


Where I am…

Still single.

1 neice and 2 nephews with another little one on the way, none of my own.

Still in debt, though nearing completion of that.

Current career in the oilfield.

Small fixer upper house in the city.

It’s a little sobering. But I can honestly say I am good. I am blessed. And when I consider my relative position in this world, I can only stand in amazement. I am still young. I am healthy. I have a great church. I have great friends. God has saved me. I still have an incredible family. I live in the richest country in the world despite its problems. I really can pursue anything I want.

In short, I am tremendously and incomprehensibly blessed. And even more amazing, is that I have so much I am excited about and look forward to. See you all around. Have fun.

3 comments:

D.O. said...

Another good thing: At least you don't have three kids, but are still single.

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

Happy Birthday!!

Of course you can link my blog to yours and I will be linking you!!

I love readers and commenters, so I will be checking back to you.

Kathryn

Christy said...

Hey Bubba,
I just now got to read your blog posts. It is amazing to think about how different life is than the way that we originally planned it to be. But if you think about how life was "supposed" to be, then what would you have missed out on!!! I am so proud of you. Love you, Sis